Updated: May 24
Ranch House is situated on the Eastern side of Head Quarters near the airstrip. It was likely built at a similar time to Hunter's House and Stone Cottage (circa 1930's).
Upon first arriving at Ranch House, it may feel very "central" as it is next to the Stable Block (now converted into simple accommodation) and the office area. However, once one is sitting outside around the fire and listening to the sounds of the night it feels very different; especially as the airstrip is very popular territory for all manner of animals at night.
An advantage for large groups is that some members may choose to stay in Stable Block and others in the house and they have close and easy access for shared activities and meals.